9.24.2008

UNC Homecoming Concerts Announced

And I'm excited. About one of the shows at least.



It seems that CUAB took a cue from our friends in Raleigh and booked alternative bluegrass trio The Avett Brothers as one of the two homecoming concerts this year. I've been meaning to see these guys for a while now and it seems like I'll finally get my chance. Even better -- for me at least -- it looks like they will only be selling student tickets and no general admission.

This is after one-off reunion Ben Folds Five show last week, the filming of Good Morning America in Chapel Hill on Saturday and the announcement Monday that Desmond Tutu will be the May '09 commencement speaker. UNC is doing work this semester.

Oh yeah...the other homecoming concert is the Gym Class Heroes. Woo.

No comments: