9.10.2008

A Little Bit of Everything

For the past hour I've been in the Undergraduate Library supposedly getting some work done on my Intro to Rock music paper due tomorrow. In reality, I've spent that hour browsing the internet. Here is what I found.

  • "I got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!" You got a fever, too? Head over to More Cowbell, where you can upload any song and add as much cowbell and Christopher Walken as your heart desires. (Thanks to On the Beat.)
  • New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd takes a witty look at the upcoming first unscripted interview with Sarah Palin, and has a few questions she wants answered:

    When the phone rings at 3 a.m., will she call the Wasilla Assembly of God congregation and ask them to pray on a response, as she asked them to pray for a natural gas pipeline?

    Does she really think Adam, Eve, Satan and the dinosaurs mingled on the earth 5,000 years ago?

    Does she talk in tongues or just eat caribou tongues?

    What does she have against polar bears?

  • Services like Facebook, Twitter and Myspace have revolutionized the way we use the internet and, more importantly, how we interact with the people around us. New York Times Magazine writer Clive Thompson takes a closer look at how online social networking has changed our personal relationships in his piece "I'm So Totally, Digitally Close to You." (This is basically what we talk about every day in my blogging class.)

Enjoy. I'll let you know how that paper goes...

No comments: