3.30.2009

Roy Williams in his underwear

Four days and seemingly 20 pounds later, I'm back from Memphis! It's great to be back home, but it's going to be a short day. Since the Heels took care of business against Oklahoma, they are the East Regional champions and will be heading to the Final Four in Detroit!! And guess what? I'll be there with them! We fly out on Wednesday (so soon!) and, if all goes well, we'll be coming back late Tuesday. Look for more blog posts this week about the Motor City. Along those lines, I have more pictures and stories from the last two days in Memphis that I will post here soon.

But that's not what I want to talk about now.

Despite the fact that one of my favorite people is sharing the stage with one of the people I despise the most and that the argument that Coach K has sold out to American Express has kinda lost some credibility, this commercial is absolutely amazing!



First, I can't believe that they got Coach Williams to do this commercial in his underwear. At first I didn't think it was him but just a really good look alike. But then I knew that the rest of the coaches were real and it just had to be him. Then, the fact that they got Roy and Coach K to do the commercial together is great. And, of course, Bob Knight is a wack-job and just completely makes this commercial. And just watch Pitino bang those drums in the back. Classic!!

--

On an unrelated note, Chris, Benji and I have decided to create a new blog called "Perpetual Bacchanals." (If you don't know what that word means, don't worry, I didn't either. Thanks, online dictionary!) It is a comedy blog (hopefully) that will detail life after college without a job in a terrible job market. Should be a good time! Feel free to laugh at our strife.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Did you know coach K is a neoconservative? The more you learn about that school, the more it gets better and better.

At first I thought the rivalry was silly. Maybe even stupid and juvenile (it still can be, in some of the forms it takes). But lately I can see no better target for my ire. Rich, selfish kids who think their shit is fondue, their service record with their town is one of the worst (if not the worst in the country), and their couch happily gives Newt Gingrich a blumkin. Fuck that school.