3.27.2009

Dancing in Memphis, Day 2

I've seen ducks and I've eaten ribs. Check and check. I'm going to keep this post brief because I need to go to bed so that I can get up to go to Graceland, but I just had to share some things with you.

First, the marching of the ducks. This video isn't great (my poor digital camera) but you get the idea.



Then, earlier in the day, I got to go see the boys practice before their game tomorrow against Gonzaga. They looked good and had some fun. Marcus Ginyard stood with the press people and took pictures the whole time and Ty Lawson just stood at half court with coach most of the time.



Then, to top it all off, I got me some Rendezvous Ribs. The place is hidden down a back alley right by our hotel. It seems like a complete hole in the wall, but we all know that the best food comes in places like that. Our massive party of 23 was shoved in the back of the waiting area behind this divider with a sign that said "Private Party." That didn't bother me any. The tables had pitchers of sweet tea and water. I was all set.

Here's a look at what I ate this evening: a full rack of ribs with some beans and slaw. Mmmm mmmm.



And, finally, a trip to Memphis is nothing without a walk down Beale Street. We hit it earlier in the day on the way to the arena, but you have to see it at night. One great thing about Memphis: no open container laws. But since the athletic department is paying for me to be here, I'm not allowed to drink. I have to come back....



We did decide to go to B.B. King's blues club on Beale and enjoyed the awesome house band that was playing. We also got to watch dook get destroyed. Memphis lost too, but people didn't seem to be paying much attention to that in the bar. I guess basketball isn't quite as serious here as it is back home.

Now to bed. Tomorrow we're up early to get over to Graceland. Then, tomorrow night, it's game time.

Go Heels!!

No comments: