11.17.2008

Andy Rooney on Newspapers

Andy Rooney may consider himself a newspaper man, but I would love to be the kind of newspaper man that he is: one that writes a highly syndicated column a couple of times a week and has a recurring spot on "60 Minutes" where he just rants about whatever happens to be bothering him from his own office. As cushy as his job is, Rooney is hilarious and I love listening to his commentary.

This rant is especially interesting to me since I seem to be moving into a dying industry with a collapsing economy. Awesome.



Rooney has a great point that you can't "cut out" and save a clipping from broadcast news. This was especially noticeable in the high demand of newspapers after Barack Obama's election. I just don't know if that will be enough to save the newspaper industry as we know it.

No comments: