10.13.2008

Frank Gehry -- Architectural Awesomeness

I was talking to one of my coworkers at the Tarheel Book Store today when the Experience Music Project in Seattle that I went to during my summer road trip came up. My coworker then started talking about Frank Gehry, the architect that built the EMP and a slew of other buildings around the world. I remember the EMP looking like a crumpled ball of colored tin foil and wondering how it could stand, but I knew nothing of his other work. We did some fun Google Image searching and I couldn't believe what I saw.

His designs are so crazy that it was even rumored that he came up with his ideas by crumpling up paper and throwing it on the ground. Though this isn't true, his designs are still terribly bizarre.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The EMP



The "Dancing House" in Prague



The Stata Center at MIT



Pritzger Pavilion in Millenium Park, Chicago (which I also visited on my road trip)

No comments: